Pages

Horses are wonderful people. I have been riding horses since I was 6 years old and got my first horse when I was 10. I did barrel racing until I was about 19. Then came college and working and no time for horses. I knew one day I would have a horse again. But I never dreamed it would be a horse like Harley, or that I'd find such a gifted trainer, or learn just how much I didn't know. Funny how life works out. I just knew I needed to get another horse before I was too old to get into the saddle.


This is the story of Harley.



Chapter Eighteen - We Have Contact!

As an early Christmas present to me, Harley decided that taking leg and rein contact is a good thing, and is now consistently on contact.  Our next step is to work on impulsion, helping Harley to lengthen his stride without quickening his pace.  This will keep him sound, and will also help towards finding his self-carriage. 

I am so thankful to have Jane Armour as our trainer.  I shudder to think where we would be if I had gone to another barn and tried to work with another trainer, or worse, if Harley had been bought by someone else, who did not have the wisdom, patience and experience that Jane has shared so generously with us.  

Jane selects her clients carefully, and it is refreshing to work with a trainer who only works with riders who are serious about keeping their horses sound and healthy, through lunge work and lessons.

I know Harley adores Jane, in fact, every horse adores Jane.   If you live in the eastern Ventura County area in southern California, and want to work with a trainer whose top priority is the well-being, soundness and safety of your horse, call Jane.  You can visit her website at:  http://www.janearmour.com/